Followers

Thursday 5 October 2017

Ten Things to do in Stoptober !


Yesterday I made a list of 10 things I could do to help with 'stopping spending ' in October. I was hankering after a new sweater, as I only have 3 and they were all in the wash. I looked through all the spare clothing bags, went through the cupboards and the craft stash and reminded myself about the whole year voluntary 'not buying new clothes' promise, which I already broke to get some underwear earlier in the year. In the end I decided that I could wait for the sweaters to dry !! In case it helps someone else, here is what I came up with :-

1) Stocktake your pantry and look for new recipes to use up those spare ingredients that you find at the back.

2) Go through the freezer and fridge, organise them so you can see what you have.

3) Go through your junk drawer and put everything back in its proper place.

4) Go through your wardrobe and clean and repair items which need it.

5) Get everybody else to go through their wardrobe and do the same same cleaning and repair work.

6) Think about whether you are going to be celebrating Halloween and if so how can you do it with 'no spending' !

7) Go through any craft stash or magazine stash and use what you have on hand, once you have sorted it out !.

8) Go through the attic, basement or storage cupboard and discover new treasures and get rid of old trash.

9) Have a look at your schedule - are there things on there which you could drop and not miss ?

10) Have a look at the bank statements and credit card statements, are there any charges you don't remember or direct debits you no longer use ?

There are definitely a few on here that I need to work on, looks like October will be busy !

2 comments:

  1. Avoid the shops is my top tip, most people can shop from home if they really dig deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea ! I do other things now rather than recreational shopping, even charity shop items and jumble sales are spending !!

    ReplyDelete