Followers

Sunday 11 March 2018

A Lovely Mothering Sunday


I am enjoying a lovely day off today, admiring my beautiful bunch of tulips which the children gave me and looking forward to an Indian meal and cheesecake with cream which MissShoestring has arranged!

Mothering Sunday need not be an expensive occasion. The tulips are lovely but I would have been just as happy with bouquet of daffodils from the garden, which are just starting to appear and the meal is great, but anything I don't make myself is a treat ! I don't really need a card to know that I am appreciated the odd 'Thank you' and 'I love you Mum' are more than enough!

I found the survey in the latest edition of 'Good Housekeeping' interesting. It had asked mothers of all ages what was their favourite gift for Mother's Day and overwhelmingly people replied that a home-made card was the thing they liked best. Just goes to show that it really is the thought that counts !

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day. Being appreciated is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much ! I hope that you have a lovely day too !

    ReplyDelete